About


The village of Central Lake is located in beautiful northern lower Michigan. Situated on the shores of Intermediate Lake and tucked into a glacial valley, we are surrounded by natural splendor four seasons a year.

Our village population is 990 and our total area is 1.2 square miles. Within that area we have a campground, a public beach, a softball field, and a downtown that offers something for everyone.

We are proud to have many service organizations in the village. The Lions, the Lionesses, the Masons and the VFW are all a vital part of our community. We also have an active garden club, historical society, numerous churches, and a district library.

 

History

Central Lake had its first postmaster in 1869, was platted in 1883, and was incorporated twelve years later in 1895. The village’s name comes from our location near the center of a 75 mile Chain of Lakes that stretches from Ellsworth to Grand Traverse Bay.

 



Facebook